Galloway Beachfront Home
PRICE REDUCED. At the Galloway Beachfront Home you will truly “get away from it all”. It is a turnkey private Home on 5 beautifully landscaped acres, with its own private beach and cabana. Most Long Islanders consider Galloway Beach to be ‘the Prettiest Beach’ on Long Island. Situated on the lee side of the island (gulf side) so the water is a clear turquoise blue and very calm. The sand is soft and snow white. This water is perfect for children. It is literally like a huge swimming pool. There is some snorkeling just off the beach at small coral head. More dramatic snorkeling on the easily accessible Atlantic side.
Bone fishing is accessible close by. The house is located next to the old Diamond Crystal Salt Works. There are lots of shallow ‘flats’ that you can walk to to bone fish. Bone fish, barracuda, tarpon are some of the fish you will encounter. You can walk or drive to lots of isolated water.
Enjoy your morning coffee on the patio, while viewing the tranquil sea. Watch osprey and flamingos fly overhead while mockingbirds sing. 5 miles from the main road so there is no traffic noise. There are only about 8 houses total on Galloway beach and they are all on large lots.
Galloway Beachfront Home Features:
- Turnkey, including vehicle.
- Spacious and comfortable featuring 3 bedrooms and 2 baths
- Open living room/dining room,
- Full kitchen,
- Covered patio with view to the sea.
- AC and also ceiling fans in all all rooms.
- Gas bbq grill,
- Patio table and chairs and loungers on patio.
- There is also an outdoor shower for rinsing off sand after a day on the beach.
- Private cabana on the beach with furniture
- Kitchen has refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, blender,all pots and pans, utensils, dishes, glassware, picnic dishes, linens, etc
- Kitchen has table that seats 4, bar area that seats 4 and opens onto the dining room which has a table that seats 6 to 8. Sliding glass doors in the dining room look out on to the patio.
- Linens included for all beds, plus towels, beach towels.
The Galloway beachfront home is located appr. 5 miles from Clarencetown. In Clarencetown, you will find a small grocery store, and several restaurants. WiFi is available at Winter Haven Restaurant and also at Flying Fish Marina. This is the capital of Long Island and location of the Marina. There is a gas station there and also this is where the mail boat comes in with supplies. You can find fresh fruits and vegetables at the packing house located next to the harbor.
In Deadman’s Cay, location of the airport, appr 17 miles, you will find fully stocked grocery stores, liquor stores, laundry service (just drop off and pick up the next day!), restaurants. Max Conch Bar is a must…serving the world famous Conch Salad. There are small gift shops.
In Deadman’s Cay you can make arrangements to rent a car, or go bonefishing. You can rent a car at other locations on the island. There is a health clinic in Deadman’s Cay.
Bone fishing, scuba diving, kayaking and lots of other water sports and activities are available on the island. Other spots not to miss are Dean’s Blue Hole, the worlds deepest blue hole, BonnaCorde lagoon beach, (great fun for young snorklers), and in the north, Columbus Point Monument with breathtaking cliff views of the sea. There are also caves to explore, plantation ruins, local museum, and lots of unspoiled beaches to walk.
Long Island has enough to keep you entertained or if you want to totally relax and this property has all you need….tranquil sea, and palms rustling in a gentle breeze……
Reduced from $1,350,000.00 US to $1,250,000.00